July 9, 2009

MJ's Death

Michael Jackson's death has come as a shock to the entire world. No one can deny the scope of this event. Whether a lover or a hater or in-between, The King of Pop has earned his fame!

As I sit back watching a series of MJ's Home videos, I can't help but ask myself: How did he do it? A talented kid coming from a Middle-Class family, living in a crowded house (11 members in a 2-bedroom apartment). He described how they would lift their furniture to make space for the dance floor and how they would throw parties and invite the neighbors. He also talked about how all the family was involved in perfecting the songs, dances and lyrics.

It amazed me how in such difficult times one would rise up so high. It must be Michael's talent and commitment to success, his drive to shine above the ordinary. He spoke about himself, I have seen very few people who know themselves so well! He commented on his home videos and from his commentary you could perceive the soft yet powerful stand that he holds for himself. Confidence with isolation, kindness with mysteriousness.

When he talked about his fashion and how many outfits he would try, how many socks and shoes he would put on dance with and observe himself in the mirror.. "I didn't want to copy anyone, I want it to be original" MJ said.. I admire that! How can one go out without being a victim of fashion? of social trends? of changing paradigms? How can one be so original? He decided to set the trend instead. This is definitely one of the things that made MJ so special and original.

When he described the hard work and great efforts that he put into producing his music, I was surprised to know that he writes about 100 songs and acts it out then select the best to be in his album! No wonder every song that he wrote and performed was in the top billboard. Someone with such passion for what he does and dedication and insistence to succeed must succeed, no doubt!

It gives me shivers when I see people across the globe crying for MJ's death.. If it means anything it would mean that his life and songs have touched their hearts.. It must have came from his heart!

His life has been so inspiring to many people.. I walked away with a quest to find my passion in something that I wouldn't mind living for perfecting it!

Thank you MJ, RIP.. الله يرحمه برحمته التي وسعت كل شيء

No comments:

Post a Comment